These longboards are not just for kids anymore, the longboard has become a hot mode of transportation for grownups. Make your next commute a gnarly one with our picks in the list below.
Longboards vary in widths, lengths, and shapes. It also has various flexes depending on the different types of rides. Compared to a skateboard, longboards have bigger and softer wheels, meaning that you can enjoy a smoother ride which is ideal for a beginner.
- What defines a good Longboard?
- 37 Most Awesome Longboards for Sale on Etsy
- 1. Bourbon Barrel Skateboard Longboard
- 2. Coffin Cruiser Longboard 42″
- 3. Exotic Wood Longboard Zebrawood
- 4. Boosted Board Bash Guard
- 5. Longboard Cruiser Deck
- 6. Longboard 2 Sided 36×10 Solid Wood Tartacay
- 7. Longboard 40 x 10 Mahogany and Maple
- 8. Dancing Freestyle Longboard
- 9. Handmade “Little Luau” Longboard
- 10. Maple and Mahogany Longboard La Plage
- 11. SP8BOARDS Drop Longboard Deck
- 12. Bamboo Maple Wood Cruiser
- 13. Longboard Cruiser Skateboard
- 14. The German Der Schreiner Longboard 55×12 in
- 15. Handcrafted Reclaimed Longboard
- 16. Zebrawood Longboard
- 17. Bernie Sanders 26″ Longboard
- 18. Black Mass Longboard
- 19. 22″ Mini Cruiser Skateboard Black Board
- 20. Ying Yang Exotic Wood Longboard
- 21. Vintage Skateboard
- 22. Cruiser Skateboard Graphic Series 22″/ 27″
- 23. Wooden Skateboard Rollholz
- 24. Handmade Extra-Terrestrial Longboard
- 25. Lmai 22″/ 27″ Cruiser Skateboard
- 26. Binalong 32×9.5 Custom Made Longboard
- 27. Lmai 22″ Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- 28. “Tobacco Bay” Various Woods
- 29. Freeride Handmade Longboard
- 30. Handcrafted Natural Wood Longboard
- 31. Wolf Longboard
- 32. Bonny Doon Street Stand Up Paddle Board
- 33. Custom Handmade Longboard
- 34. Gold 42″ x 9.25″ Longboard
- 35. Drop Deck Longboard
- 36. Handmade Longboard
- 37. Tweni Maple Purpleheart Longboard
- How to take care of your Longboard
What defines a good Longboard?
The shape and the style will greatly rely on the particular type of longboarder you are. Once you have practiced riding on your longboard, you will feel that you can do almost anything on it after a couple of days. If you use your longboard for going to school or work or shopping then you should choose a shorter longboard because you will be going through a lot of curves in the sidewalks. However, if you want more stability then you should use the longer longboards. This is especially crucial if you will be going through some hills.
If you are still a beginner then a drop thru board is the best for you. The benefit of this type of longboard is that it is much easier to push. In fact, it does not require too much bending. Additionally, it can provide you with more stable speed.
37 Most Awesome Longboards for Sale on Etsy
How to take care of your Longboard
Longboards are not designed for tricks. It is for cruising. Therefore, you must avoid banging it around because it might break in the middle. If you want your longboard to last then don’t expose it too much in the sun. As much as possible, store it inside the house or under a shade. If it gets wet, wipe it right away in order to prevent any breakage.
You should also take care of the bearings of your longboards. If it’s already too sticky then take them off and remove the dirt. Apply some lubrication on it as well. Always examine the wheels. You can do this by rotating it. If it’s already worn out then you should obtain new wheels.
By doing these simple things, you can extend the life of your longboards. If you can keep your longboard in good condition then you can save more money and your longboard can last longer and you will be able to set the world speed record you’ll see here.
New World Speed Record of 130.08 km/h
If you are looking for a more in-depth review of the best longboards check this out! We hoped to have helped you pick the best Longboard for your needs and tricks, if you still have any doubt or want help, please let us know!
James Haden is one of the owners of the Skateboarder community, together with Nash Gibson – his co-owner. He works as a full-time copywriter for a private company and also a true adventurer. He is an avid reader, writer, traveler, and extreme sports junkie. During his free time, he researches interesting content for their blog and continuously writes for their audience.