Bluetooth speakers are boosting their popularity for indoor and outdoor use. By using these wireless speakers, you can enjoy listening to your favorite music without needing to dock your smartphone. Simply put, you can control your audio content anywhere as long as you are within the limited range of the speakers.
When you’re shopping for Bluetooth speakers, bear in mind where you will use them. There are abundant choices, so be sure to choose the one that fits your audio and lifestyle needs. Need help in selecting the best Bluetooth speaker? We would like to help you in your journey, so we’ve assembled a list of the best Bluetooth speakers which are presently available.
- The Best Bluetooth Speakers Reviews
- 1. JBL Pulse 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 2. Bose SoundTouch 10 Wireless Music System
- 3. JBL Charge 2+ Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 4. UE Megaboom Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- 5. Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III
- 6. Fluance Fi50 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- 7. TDK Life on Record TREK Max A34
- 8. Sony SRS-X5 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 9. Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- 10. Marshall Kilburn Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 11. Ecoxgear Ecocarbon Bluetooth Speaker
- 12. Libratone Zipp Mini Wireless Speaker
- 13. Sony SRSXB3 Portable Wireless Speaker
- 14. Jam HX-P920 Heavy Metal Wireless Stereo Speaker
- 15. Riva S Premium Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Things to Consider when Picking Bluetooth Speakers
- Buying your Bluetooth Speaker
The Best Bluetooth Speakers Reviews
Below our favorite selection of portable Bluetooth speakers that we have tested and reviewed, based on sound-quality, portability, shape, design, and durability.
1. JBL Pulse 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
JBL Pulse 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker is one of the best portable Bluetooth speakers in the market right now. It is compact and can provide strong sound for its size. One of its greatest features is the light show which is more enhanced in this model. JBL has done a good job of improving the sound and the light show in Pulse 2. This product is definitely a stand-out in the market today. The best-sounding Bluetooth speaker that can light up your room.
- The battery can last up to 10 hours for the sound and 5 hours if you will use the light show.
- This speaker is splashproof.
- It does not include a carrying case.
2. Bose SoundTouch 10 Wireless Music System
Bose SoundTouch 10 Wireless Music System is one of the finest portable Bluetooth speakers today. It is a very small speaker that plays bigger sounds. It’s very convenient to use since it has shortcut buttons. It has a user-friendly app that has forthright functions. The sound is simply remarkable with impressive bass and eloquent midrange. A compact wireless speaker that can work on almost anything and loaded with surprising features.
- This speaker is very affordable.
- Includes shortcut buttons for easy and simple operation.
- Some genres of music may sound a little coarse when played at a higher volume.
- There is no button for mute.
- It does not include a battery for on-the-go purposes.
3. JBL Charge 2+ Portable Bluetooth Speaker
JBL Charge 2+ Portable Bluetooth Speaker is one of the best Bluetooth speakers. It has an interesting design and water-resistant too! This speaker offers a decent battery life and can also be used as an external charger for your other portable devices. A nice-sounding Bluetooth speaker that can charge your phone.
- It comes with a built-in speakerphone function.
- This speaker plays loud sounds accompanied with strong bass, superior performance for its price and size.
- The speaker is water-resistant but the ports are not.
4. UE Megaboom Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
The UE Megaboom Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is the larger and improved version of UE Boom. The sound quality is upgraded to make it more dramatic. Now, it has a louder sound with deeper bass. The Bluetooth range is also enhanced. Megaboom has a multitude of enhancements including its greater size and bulkier sound specifically on the bass. It has exceptional waterproofing and lengthy battery life. An elite portable Bluetooth speaker for indoors and outdoors.
Color: Lava Red
- This Bluetooth speaker is waterproof and shockproof.
- The battery life is exemplary.
- It is a highly-priced speaker.
- A carrying case is excluded.
5. Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III
The Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III is one of the greatest portable Bluetooth speakers that you can buy. It is compact yet it can play stronger sounds compared to its forerunner. The battery life also gets more superior. This Bluetooth speaker has a solid and smooth design. Although, it’s a bit extravagant yet this Bluetooth speaker remains to be unparalleled. The enhanced version of its already impressive antecedent. A luxurious Bluetooth speaker for all situations.
- Includes an auxiliary input.
- You have the choice to switch its protective cover. (Covers are excluded.)
- SoundLink III is high-priced.
- It has no built-in speakerphone capabilities.
- A specific AC adapter is necessary since it will not charge via Micro-USB.
6. Fluance Fi50 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Fluance Fi50 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is an affordable Bluetooth speaker that carries top-notch sound. This retro-styled wireless speaker is effectively constructed using a medium-density fiberboard cabinet. It is built with a two-way driver accompanied by a tweeter that is installed right in the middle of a 5-inch woofer. Even though it’s not absolutely a portable Bluetooth speaker yet is can deliver a superlative sound.
Color: Black Ash
- Furnished with a 40-watt amplifier to produce loud sounds without any distortions.
- Fused with LED and touch controls.
- The USB port is excellent for charging your smartphones and tablets.
- There are no integrated speakerphone capabilities.
- This speaker is not battery-powered.
7. TDK Life on Record TREK Max A34
TDK Life on Record TREK Max A34 is a reasonably-priced wireless speaker that delivers more enriched sound compared to the prior model, A33. The best sound for its size. You can bring it with you wherever you go since it includes a rechargeable battery. It includes NFC tap-to-pair technology.
- This speaker is built to last.
- It is water-resistant and weatherproof.
- Speakerphone capabilities are integrated into the system.
- The USB port can be utilized for charging your smartphone or tablet.
- The unit uses NFC tap-to-pair technology for Bluetooth pairing.
- TREK Max A34 must be recharged using an AC adapter instead of a Micro-USB cable.
- The battery life was bolstered to 8 hours but it is still not paramount.
8. Sony SRS-X5 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Sony SRS-X5 Portable Bluetooth Speaker is simple and compact yet it looks chic and elegant. It offers exquisite sound with solid bass. Even if it does not deliver loud sound when powered by a battery, it’s still a top-notch Bluetooth speaker for its price and size.
- Incorporated with speakerphone functionality.
- Consist of a USB charging port for charging your smartphone and tablet.
- Embodied with NFC tap-to-pair technology for Bluetooth pairing.
- The battery can last for eight hours.
- Exceptional sound can only be experienced when AC power is used.
- It has a smooth and sophisticated design which is more fitting for indoors.
9. Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Wireless Speaker is one of the finest wireless Bluetooth speakers since it is filled with numerous features. It has a monumental power for its size.
- This Bluetooth speaker can deliver crystal clear sounds.
- SDK for software and hardware development.
- Unfortunately, this speaker is not weather-resistant.
- It is not an ideal choice if you have a small budget because it is very expensive.
10. Marshall Kilburn Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The design of Marshall Kilburn Portable Bluetooth Speaker is taken from the guitar amps which became popular during the 60s and 70s. The beauty of the speaker goes beyond its style. It has knobs for the bass and treble to customized your audio performance.
- Marshall Kilburn has an exquisite sound quality with flexible bass and treble.
- It has a unique retro amplifier design.
- This Bluetooth speaker has no speakerphone functionality.
- The rare design of this speaker may not be appealing to everyone.
11. Ecoxgear Ecocarbon Bluetooth Speaker
Most outdoor Bluetooth speakers are water-resistant, however, they are not constructed for submerging. Ecoxgear Ecocarbon Bluetooth Speaker is not only waterproof yet it also floats. This is your best buddy for your next pool party. EcoCarbon has everything you can think of. If you’re searching for a Bluetooth speaker to take outdoors then the EcoXGear EcoCarbon is our recommended choice.
- Ecoxgear Ecocarbon delivers a supreme sound quality for its price.
- It is waterproof and has a floating style.
- It can be utilized for charging your mobile devices.
- Incorporated with a LED flashlight.
- Fused with speakerphone capabilities.
- This Bluetooth speaker does not have a deep bass.
- Buttons are not easy to operate.
12. Libratone Zipp Mini Wireless Speaker
Libratone Zipp Mini Wireless Speaker offers a fascinating bass. It is a user-friendly speaker not only for Bluetooth but also for Wi-Fi. It is perfect for multi-room situations.
Color: Deep Lagoon
- Streams your music through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- It has a classy and portable design.
- Comprised of an instinctual control panel.
- This Bluetooth speaker can be amplified to accommodate multi-room installations.
- Insufficient stereo drivers.
13. Sony SRSXB3 Portable Wireless Speaker
Sony SRSXB3 Portable Wireless Speaker provides optimum Bluetooth audio for its price. Simply put, it can deliver loud sound with deep bass combined with clarity and conciseness. An additional bass mode shakes off the balance a bit, but will definitely attract bass lovers. For your typical listening mode, the SRS-XB3 is one of the best portable Bluetooth speakers that you can buy for less than $200. A portable Bluetooth speaker with an outdoor-friendly design.
- Gives you an insane audio performance with the choice to intensify bass levels.
- It is portable and water-resistant too.
- Comprised of speakerphone functionality.
- One of its drawbacks is the absence of buttons for playback and track navigation buttons.
- Insufficient cables.
14. Jam HX-P920 Heavy Metal Wireless Stereo Speaker
Jam HX-P920 Heavy Metal Wireless Stereo Speaker is an outstanding value for your money. It has a metal frame and offers bigger and louder audio performances. Another highlight of this Bluetooth speaker is its super clear and very detailed treble. This is the best budget-friendly Bluetooth speaker. HX-P920 utilizes passive radiators in order to extract big bass out of a small box.
- Gives you apparent, compelling and louder sound.
- Has a brilliant metal construction.
- Battery life is eight hours.
- NFC is not included.
15. Riva S Premium Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Riva S Premium Wireless Bluetooth Speaker uses 3 active drivers plus 4 passive radiators for loud audio performance. The battery can last up to 13 hrs. It is the perfect on-the-go speaker since it includes a carry case. At first glance, you might think that Riva S is just like any other Bluetooth speaker. However, if you are interested in sound integrity then the Riva S truly justifies its colossal cost.
- This Bluetooth speaker has a magnificent sound quality.
- There are diverse supplementary features including splash-proofing and IPX4 water-resistant.
- It is nicely built.
- It does not deliver the loudest audio for a small portable speaker.
Things to Consider when Picking Bluetooth Speakers
Normally, Bluetooth speakers are portable, however, it doesn’t have to be. There are some speakers which are fabricated for attaching to your computer or television. These speakers are excellent if you’ll use your wireless speakers at home only. But if you want to bring them outdoors then you need smaller and bag-friendly Bluetooth speakers.
Not all wireless Bluetooth speakers are meant to be used outdoors or by the pool. However. There are rugged Bluetooth speakers that are able to handle splashes, drops, and other unforeseen incidents. If you are planning to bring your Bluetooth speaker outdoors such as on the beach, on camping sites and others, then you must choose shockproof and water-resistant speakers with IPX ratings.
Most of these portable Bluetooth speakers are powered by rechargeable batteries, thus you can bring them wherever you want. Bigger speakers which are meant for computers or home theaters usually require a dedicated power supply. Sometimes size is a compromise for power. This means that smaller speakers offer less powerful sound.
Aside from portability, sound quality should also be considered as one of your highest priorities. There are loads of speakers that don’t offer excessive features but delivers first-rate audio. Enormous bass isn’t for everyone, however, your speaker should be capable of producing low frequencies precisely without any distortions at extreme volumes.
Clarity is more eminent than steep power. Therefore, when shopping for a Bluetooth speaker, your target should be a clean, clear and balanced sound. However, if you want to liven up your party then consider the size of the speaker. Typically, the bigger the speaker, the louder it gets.
There is an extensive array of prices for Bluetooth speakers. Never presume that the pricey ones are the best ones. Primarily, high-end speakers are much better, however, most often they don’t possess the features that you anticipate for its price. The trick is to choose a speaker which has the finest sound and your desired features at a cost that you can afford. The easiest and the best way to obtain the best price is to shop around.
Buying your Bluetooth Speaker
There is a diversity of sizes and shapes for wireless Bluetooth speakers. They come in small portables to enormous models. Regardless of their size or shape, these Bluetooth speakers still work the same. Bluetooth is a wireless technology that enables two devices to communicate with each other. With regards to Bluetooth speakers, it will connect to your smartphone, tablet, or any other devices. This is an amazing way of listening to your music with an enhanced sound quality compared to the audio delivered by the small built-in speakers on your smartphone.
Linking, or pairing, your smartphone to Bluetooth speakers can be done easily. Most Bluetooth speakers will remember and distinguish your smartphone if they are within reach. Consequently after your first pairing, just switch on the speaker and you can start listening. In order for these Bluetooth speakers to work, you have to give them power. You can plug them into a wall outlet or use a model with a rechargeable battery for portability. What can you play in a Bluetooth speaker? Amazingly, everything that you can listen to your smartphone. It can be stored music, streaming music, the possibilities are endless.
Every year, there are hundreds of models that are available. That is why discovering the best Bluetooth speaker can be strenuous. Luckily, there’s one model well-matched just for you. Some Bluetooth speakers stand out in functionality and affordability. Other speakers discard functionality in favor of exceptional materials. Whatever pathway you choose to follow, you’ll be welcomed with sundry selections to match your peculiar taste. The only problem is to determine which one is worthy of your money and which one is absolutely not.
While we haven’t considered all the possible price range, these Bluetooth speakers exemplify what we feel are a few of the best options. There are still a lot more than you can explore online if you’re looking for something more rugged, more exorbitant or more portable. What’s your choice?
Nash Gibson is one of the owners of the Skateboarder community and a friend of James Haden. Aside from his corporate day job as an article writer, he is also gadget buff and an amateur photographer – he is planning to take his photography and videography to the next level through formal education. James and he love to share stuff on their blog which is now a collection of vibrant shots and articles to its many readers.