Portable speakers can let you listen to your favorite music without the need of any wires. It is very handy in different situations. You can use it at home, at work or bring it wherever you go. It’s the best way of listening to music quietly or energize a party. One of the benefits of this type of speaker is that you can take your music to different places. There are various styles of portable speakers that are available in the market right now. Knowing what types of features suit you the best can let you enjoy your speaker to the fullest. Portable speakers can be bought at department stores, electronic stores and online.
- 1 Buying Guide For Portable Speakers
- 2 Quick Overview Best Portable Speakers
- 3 Portable Speakers Reviews
- 3.1 1. Logitech Mm28 Portable Speakers
- 3.2 2. UE Roll 2 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 3.3 3. Logitech X300 Wireless Stereo Speaker
- 3.4 4. Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II
- 3.5 5. Riva Turbo X Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- 3.6 6. AmazonBasics Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- 3.7 7. AmazonBasics Nano Bluetooth Speaker
- 3.8 8. Amazon Tap Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 3.9 9. Aukey Bluetooth Speaker
- 3.10 10. Braven BRV-Pro Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- 3.11 11. JBL Clip 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 3.12 12. JBL Flip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 3.13 13. UE Boom 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Buying Guide For Portable Speakers
Nowadays, the market for portable speakers is overflowing. However, there are vivid options as long as you know what these speakers can and can’t do. Portable speakers refer to those speakers which can run through battery power. A perfect portable speaker should be easy to carry, affordable, durable, and offers the best sound.
First, you need to determine whether you want a model that is specifically designed for iPod or not. Obviously, if you have an iPod, it doesn’t mean that you have to choose a speaker with a sticker that says “Made for iPod”. Although, it can provide you with advantages such as controlling it using a wireless remote or charging your iPod while it’s hooked up into the speaker. Correspondingly, if you have a non-Apple device, you can still buy a speaker for an iPod since it contains several auxiliary line inputs.
One of the unique trademarks of an excellent speaker is obviously portability. Some speakers can run on batteries but may not be easy to carry around. However, there are also tiny speakers which are not ideal for some situations. Typically, if you are a business traveler then you must choose an extremely portable speaker that can provide a sufficient sound for your audio presentations. For outdoors, you’ll need a speaker that can let you hear the bass and at the same time endure the elements from the surroundings. Some speakers are ideal for barbecues but not on beaches. For your camping trip, you’ll need a speaker that is compact and rugged as well.
The price range of portable speakers is between $50 and $350. Even if you choose a $50 speaker it can still be a good deal if it suits your needs. If you want to bring your speaker to the beach then you can buy something cheaper. There are definitely a lot of choices. Here are your options.
Quick Overview Best Portable Speakers
Logitech Mm28 Portable Speakers
Excellent stereo sound and enhanced bass.
UE Roll 2 Wireless Portable Speaker
Maximum Sound Level: 85dBA.
Logitech X300 Wireless Stereo Speaker
Connector/port/interface - Bluetooth
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II
Full-range listening experience
Riva Turbo X Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
26+ hour battery playing time
AmazonBasics Mini Bluetooth Speaker
Shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof
AmazonBasics Nano Bluetooth Speaker
Up to 6 hours of playback, Built-in mic
Amazon Tap Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Just tap and ask for music, Alexa-Enabled
Aukey Bluetooth Speaker with Microphone
Full range Bluetooth Speaker
Braven BRV-Pro Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
15 hours of wireless playtime.
JBL Clip 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Integrated 3.5mm Audio Cable
JBL Flip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Wireless Bluetooth Streaming Wirelessly
UE Boom 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
360 degree sound with deep bass
Portable Speakers Reviews
1. Logitech Mm28 Portable Speakers
Logitech Mm28 Portable Speakers can give you the best value. It uses NXT’s flat-panel speaker technology to provide you with the best sounds. With the use of alkalines, it can give you approximately 45 hours of battery life. This speaker only measures 11.4 x 4.5 x 1.2 inches, yet it has the best sound quality. Although, this speaker may not be great for parties it can be best for small gatherings. The Mm28 is an affordable and compact speaker that is perfect for any business traveler or for any small office.
- This speaker is very thin, yet offers the best sound quality.
- It’s very easy to set up.
- It comes with an international AC adapter.
- There are no controls on the speaker.
- The bass does not sound good for higher volumes.
2. UE Roll 2 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The UE Roll 2 Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker has almost everything you can ask for. It offers a powerful blend of ruggedness, portability, affordability, best sound quality and most of all it is waterproof. Just like it’s original model, this speaker is capable of producing smooth sounds that can fill an entire hotel room.
- This speaker is waterproof.
- The UE Roll 2 is a compact speaker with a unique design.
- It produces good sound quality for its size.
- It has a decent battery life.
- It does not have speakerphone capabilities.
3. Logitech X300 Wireless Stereo Speaker
If you want a reasonably priced speaker with a good sound quality then Logitech X300 Wireless Stereo Speaker is an excellent choice. This speaker puts more emphasis on its sound quality. Although, it is not as loud as UE Roll2, yet it offers a fuller and a more natural sound. Despite the fact that it does not offer any lavish features but it is smoother than other costly portable speakers.
Color: Copper Black
- It has a speakerphone function.
- It costs lesser than UE ROLL 2.
- This speaker is not waterproof.
4. Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II
Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II is an ideal choice if you are looking for a better sound quality and more volume. Although it costs more it’s much better compared to its competitors. It offers fuller sounds and clearer voices too! If you want to liven up your next party then this is the ideal choice. It weighs 1.5 lbs, which is a bit heavier. This is not an ideal choice if you are a business traveler or a backpacker.
- This speaker has fuller, clearer and louder sound quality.
- The price is almost twice than UE Roll 2.
- It is heavier to carry.
5. Riva Turbo X Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
The Riva Turbo X Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is for people who are willing to spend more in order to get the best performance. This is one of the best portable speakers that you can buy today. It gives you clearer, livelier and natural sound quality compared to other portable speakers. Riva Turbo X is very expensive but it’s worthy of its cost. It’s well-suited for living rooms, bedrooms, and offices since it is not rugged.
- It gives you better volume which is ideal for parties.
- This speaker looks elegant and refined.
- It is one of the most expensive portable speakers.
- This speaker is quite heavy for its size.
6. AmazonBasics Mini Bluetooth Speaker
The AmazonBasics Mini Bluetooth Speaker is the right choice for people who are on a budget. This speaker is best for listening to music quietly inside your cubicle. It can be used as an accessory to a tablet. Despite having a low price, this speaker can play clear and natural sounds. It is the best inexpensive accessory that you can bring along while you’re on the go.
- It can play a loud sound, just like a normal voice.
- It comes with a carrying bag and a speakerphone function.
- This is a wallet-friendly speaker.
- The battery can last up to 10 hours.
- This speaker is not capable of playing deep bass notes.
7. AmazonBasics Nano Bluetooth Speaker
AmazonBasics Nano Bluetooth Speaker may cost less but it is still a great deal. It gives you a full and well-balanced sound compared to other cheap portable speakers. It comes with a silicone handle which you can use in the shower or attach to your backpack or bike. This tiny speaker is compact, cute and splash-resistant. You can make phone calls anytime since it has a built-in microphone. The battery can last for six hours.
- Includes a strap and a speakerphone function.
- This speaker is splashproof.
- The sound gets a bit distorted when cranked up.
8. Amazon Tap Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The Amazon Tap Portable Bluetooth Speaker has a Bluetooth, however, you must be connected to a Wi-Fi network if you want to make use of its voice-command features. The best thing about this speaker is that you can easily listen to music and internet radio at the same time. If sound quality is not your priority then this speaker is a great choice.
- This speaker uses voice command technology.
- The sound quality is not good.
- You need to push the button first to activate the voice command.
9. Aukey Bluetooth Speaker
Aukey Bluetooth Speaker is an inexpensive speaker with a cool design. It gives you an impressive sound quality with a nice bass. However, there are times that the sound will get distorted. You can also carry it along with you when you are hiking. This unique speaker has a rugged design which is perfect for outdoors. It is dustproof, shockproof and can fill the entire room with its crystal clear sounds. It comes with a built-in mic so you can enjoy hands-free calling anytime.
- Includes a microphone, user manual and charging cable.
- Best for indoor and outdoor use.
10. Braven BRV-Pro Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
The Braven BRV-Pro Wireless Bluetooth Speaker is capable of playing loud sounds. It is waterproof and has a neat design. It comes with a backup battery pack, metal case, mounts, and others. If you are looking for a rugged speaker that can play loud music then this product is definitely for you. This speaker has a rugged body and delivers a superb sound quality. For a better listening experience, you can connect multiple speakers at the same time.
- Includes a backup battery pack, metal case, mounts, and others.
- This speaker has a rugged style.
11. JBL Clip 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
JBL Clip 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker has an IPX7 waterproof design. It has a carabiner-style clip which is more feasible than the previous model, Clip+. Although, it’s quite expensive but it’s very sturdy. Its battery can last up to eight hours. The built-in carabiner makes it easy for you to carry it around. If you are looking for something small that you can hang on your backpack strap then this is the best choice.
- This speaker has a practical design.
- Includes speakerphone functionality.
- It is a bit pricey.
12. JBL Flip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
The JBL Flip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker is splash-proof and has the same size with UE Boom 2 but costs less. This speaker is capable of connecting up to 3 smartphones or tablets. The speakerphone produces clear and crystal sound. You can connect several JBL connect-enabled speakers together to intensify your listening experience. Flip 3 has an eye-catching color and an attractive design too! Generally, this is one of the best speakers in its price range.
- This speaker is splashproof, so no need to worry about any spills.
13. UE Boom 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
The UE Boom 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker can play loud sounds which can cover your whole backyard. With just a tap, you can tell the speaker what to play. UE Boom 2 is widely known as one of the best portable speakers which cost less than $200. With this speaker, you can customize your listening experience. It is capable of connecting to other UE speakers. It has a robust design that offers impressive sound quality within a range of 100 feet.
- This speaker is IPX7 rated, so you can immerse it underwater.
- By tapping the top portion, you can skip, pause or resume your music.
- The system does not respond quickly.
Most often, the process of choosing portable speakers is not just about selecting the one that looks best. Obviously, you will be wasting your money if the speaker does not have the features that you need. Since most of these portable speakers include advanced technological features, it is essential that you must know how to operate them. These portable speakers are a great companion while riding your bike or scooter or hiking on the snow. Since you will be spending money for your speaker then why not match it with your furniture? You can either choose a contemporary design or a futuristic one.