Every swimmer must wear the right swimming goggles. Wearing the best goggles can give you fun while swimming. If you are comfortable with your goggles then you can perform well. There are different types of swimming goggles that are ideal for every swimmer. Those who are still starting to swim would prefer goggles which can make them feel comfortable and won’t get in the way. On the other hand, expert swimmers would choose goggles that can enhance their performance and has less drag.
Are you ready to get into the pool? Whether you are still learning to swim or have been swimming for quite some time, we have reviewed and listed for you the best swimming goggles that are sold on the market right now. Hydrodynamic goggles are the best in the pool because they are the fastest and has less drag. If you are swimming in open water then you may choose polarized lenses since it can reduce the glare coming from the sun. Mirrored lenses are the coolest. It can also protect your eyes from the sunlight. However, it is not suitable for indoor swimming since it is a bit dark. All swimmers would prefer to wear high-quality swimming goggles. Let us find out what are the best swimming goggles in the market right now.
- 1 Quick Overview Best Swimming Goggles
- 2 Swimming Goggles Reviews
- 2.1 1. Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swimming Goggles
- 2.2 2. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swimming Goggles
- 2.3 3. Aqua Sphere K180+ Mirror Goggles
- 2.4 4. Michael Phelps XCEED Swimming Googles
- 2.5 5. Sable WaterOptics RS 101 Mirrored Swim Goggles
- 2.6 6. Aegend Clear Swimming Goggles
- 2.7 7. Arena Cobra Mirror Swimming Goggles
- 2.8 8. Zoggs 315627 Predator Swimming Goggles
- 2.9 9. Speedo Adult Recreation Dive Mask
- 2.10 10. Aegend Adult Diving Mask
- 2.11 11. Speedo Kids Hydrospex Swim Mask
- 2.12 12. Speedo Vanquisher Optical Swim Goggles
- 2.13 13. TYR Corrective Optical Performance Goggles
- 2.14 How To Assess Swimming Goggles’ Quality
Quick Overview Best Swimming Goggles
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swimming Goggles
Provide the greatest visibility indoors
Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Swimming Goggles
Mirrored lens helps reduce glare
Aqua Sphere K180+ Mirror Goggles
Both functional and fashionable!
Michael Phelps XCEED Swimming Googles
Engineered with exo-core Technology
Sable WaterOptics RS 101 Mirrored Swim Goggles
Optical precision lenses for clearest vision
Aegend Clear Swimming Goggles
No Leaking Anti Fog UV Protection
Arena Cobra Mirror Swimming Goggles
Low-profile, hydrodynamic lens
Zoggs 315627 Predator Swimming Goggles
Eliminate glare in open water
Speedo Adult Recreation Dive Mask
Anti Fog Max coating for a clear view
Aegend Adult Diving Mask
Glass Lens no tint or artificial color
Speedo Kids Hydrospex Swim Mask
Latex free, UV and anti-fog protection
Speedo Vanquisher Optical Swim Goggles
For extra clarity under water
TYR Corrective Optical Performance Goggles
Universal no leak fit extremely comfortable
Swimming Goggles Reviews
1. Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swimming Goggles
The Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swimming Goggles are very popular. It is wide and very light, in fact, it only weighs 4 ounces. A product made in Italy. The ergonomic design can make any swimmer feel comfortable. The patented curved lenses use Aqua Sphere Eye Protection technology. Its main objective is to satisfy all the needs of the swimmers. It is best for swimming in a pool as well as in the open waters. The lenses are oversized to give you undistorted and expanded 180 degrees of vision.
- It has clear lenses to provide you outstanding visibility whether swimming indoors or in low light.
- The lens is anti-fog and anti-scratch.
- The Quick-Fit Buckle can give you a perfect fit and can be adjusted easily even while you’re wearing it.
- It uses a hydrodynamic micro-frame which is hypoallergenic.
2. Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swimming Goggles
Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swimming Goggles is one of the best selling products from the world’s leading brand, Speedo. It has an improved peripheral vision compared to its older version. The mirrored lenses have the widest panoramic view. These goggles are anti-fog and provide excellent UV protection. This is one of the best swimming goggles that can give you a competitive edge.
- It gives you low profile performance and comes with cushioned silicone seals to give you more comfort.
- Includes four nosepieces.
- It comes with a double head strap along with an adjustable clip.
- It has a snug inner eye fit for more protection.
3. Aqua Sphere K180+ Mirror Goggles
Aqua Sphere K180+ Mirror Goggles is the best when it comes to fighting UV radiation and glare. This is very helpful especially when you are swimming in the open water or even in the outdoors. It is one of the best swimming goggles for open water. It gives you complete protection against UVA and UVB. The lens being used is anti-fog and anti-scratch. It has a wider panoramic view at 180 degrees.
- K180+ consists of a Micro Gasket for best performance in a competition.
- This swimming goggle is a combination of three different materials to give you more comfort and stability.
- The Ultrasoft TPR (Thermo Plastic Rubber) ensures watertight fit.
- It has a smooth shape to minimize vortices and improves hydrodynamics.
4. Michael Phelps XCEED Swimming Googles
Michael Phelps XCEED Swimming Googles is best for any competition since it has been worn by the world’s top swimmer. It uses patented curved lens technology for effective swimming. It has a low profile to give you clearer view in any competition.
- These goggles are made of high-quality materials to give you the best performance.
- It uses an ultra soft Softeril gasket for more comfort and tight seal.
- It has a wide area of vision that can let you sight walls without changing your head position.
- The semi-rigid exoskeleton provides more strength and stability.
5. Sable WaterOptics RS 101 Mirrored Swim Goggles
Sable WaterOptics RS 101 Mirrored Swim Goggles is the best to use when swimming underwater. With the use of optical precision technology, you can enjoy having the clearest view. The Aspherical and Flat Lens Technology eliminated any distortion. You won’t feel any pressure on the eyes because it has soft silicone gaskets.
- The soft silicone gaskets can make you feel comfortable and avoid any harmful pressure in the eyes.
- For a customized fit, you can choose from narrow, medium and wide nose bridges.
- Provides protection against ultraviolet UVA/UVB rays.
- The non-slip strap gives you a snug fit and adjustments can be done effortlessly.
6. Aegend Clear Swimming Goggles
Aegend Clear Swimming Goggles is one of the best swimming goggles that can be used by kids, adults, and triathletes. It comes with a flexible gasket and a silicon frame to make you feel comfortable while swimming. The lenses are shatter-proof since it is made of polycarbonate. These goggles have anti-fog coating along with UV protection to let you enjoy your swimming. It has clear lenses and does not have any synthetic colors or tints.
- These goggles are leakage-proof.
- It has Polycarbonate lenses which can withstand even the toughest weather condition.
- The buckle on the straps makes it easy for you to wear and remove it.
- The light blue and clear lens can let you see clearer even in underwater.
7. Arena Cobra Mirror Swimming Goggles
Arena Cobra Mirror Swimming Goggles are low profile and gives you a clear view while swimming underwater. The strap is made of 20% silicone while the lens is made of 70% polycarbonate. It also has 10% thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) seal. It has a unique side bridge system that can give you a secure fit. The dual silicone straps can be easily adjusted to make you feel comfortable.
- The lenses are 100% PVC free and FINA approved.
- This product is imported from Japan.
- Include four nose pieces.
- The dual silicone strap can be easily adjusted.
8. Zoggs 315627 Predator Swimming Goggles
Zoggs 315627 Predator Swimming Goggles are made in Italy. The lenses are polarized and ultra-bronze for superior protection. Swimmers will not experience any glare while swimming in the open water. It uses the 10 flex-point technology for its flexible frame that consists of four key flexible areas. The curved lenses provide the widest 180 degrees vision when underwater.
- It has a quick adjustment system, just pull the two straps to keep it tight and lift the lever to loosen it up.
- The lenses give you an anti-fog clear vision.
- The smaller frame size is perfect for users who have narrower faces.
- It gives you 100% protection against UVA and UVB rays.
9. Speedo Adult Recreation Dive Mask
Speedo Adult Recreation Dive Mask is one of the best swimming goggles with nose cover. It provides a low-profile fit with a very affordable price. It is perfect for adult diving enthusiasts who are looking for a basic mask that is also effective. This Speedo mask is suitable for users who have larger heads. Since this is meant for recreation then you should not use it for longer hours underwater. It is an excellent mask for divers and snorkelers who are not so serious with this hobby.
- It has a comfortable head strap that is easy to adjust.
- The “Anti-Fog Max” coating on the lenses can give you a clear view while you are diving.
- The skirt is made of 100% silicone for ultra comfort.
- This dual colored mask is perfect for snorkeling.
10. Aegend Adult Diving Mask
Aegend Adult Diving Mask is large enough to cover your eyes and nose. These goggles are perfect for diving underwater for a long time. You can enjoy a super clear and very wide 180 panoramic view while diving underwater. Additionally, it is made of high-quality 100% liquid silicone so it won’t quickly turn into yellow. The strap is very easy to adjust.
- It is made of glass lens without any artificial color or tint.
- The skirt is 100% liquid silicone for ultimate comfort and durability.
- The tempered glass lens is shatterproof and safe to use.
- It has anti-fog coating and UV protection.
11. Speedo Kids Hydrospex Swim Mask
The Speedo Kids Hydrospex Swim Mask is one of the best swimming goggles for kids. This product is a swimming goggle and a mask all in one. It is latex free and provides anti-fog protection and UVA/UVB protection. It has a one-piece frame with superior curved lens for wide visibility. The adjustments can be done easily using the clips on the sides.
- It will stay well and won’t leak.
- This mask can give you a clear view while underwater.
- It is very comfortable to wear since it is not too bulky.
- Created by Speedo, the world’s leading brand for aquatic products.
12. Speedo Vanquisher Optical Swim Goggles
Speedo Vanquisher Optical Swim Goggles is very useful for swimmers who have poor eyesight. It can help them in seeing clearly under water. It comes with polycarbonate lenses to guarantee high-performance and excellent clarity. The soft silicone seal is hypoallergenic and entirely watertight. What’s more, it offers a wider view so that you can keep an eye on your perimeter.
- The lens is coated with Anti-Fog Treatment.
- It can give you a clear and crisp view whether you are swimming indoors or outdoors.
- It is 100% PVC and Latex free.
- Provides UV protection.
13. TYR Corrective Optical Performance Goggles
TYR Corrective Optical Performance Goggles is best for individuals who have poor vision. These swimming goggles that fit with glasses have a universal eye socket frame that can provide wide viewing and excellent fit. The lenses are made of optical grade polycarbonate. The thermal plastic rubber gaskets can avoid any leak and can make you feel comfortable.
- The strap is completely adjustable.
- The split TPR head strap is durable and gives you a secure fit.
How To Assess Swimming Goggles’ Quality
If you are a beginner, sometimes it’s quite frustrating if you don’t know what to look for when shopping for swimming goggles. Here are some tips that can help you in making an informed decision.
- It is recommended that you should try on the swimming goggles that you like to buy. Of course, it would be very upsetting to buy a pair of swimming goggles that leaks or can make you feel uncomfortable.
- Do the lenses make you feel comfortable? You can check this by pushing the lenses against your eye sockets and leaving the straps off. Lenses with padded silicone gaskets are more comfortable. Examine also if the nose bridge does not hurt your nose.
- To check if the goggles won’t leak, push the lenses some more against your eye sockets then release it. Ideally, the goggles should stick to your face for a while. If it will fall off then it would be useless.
- Next, put the straps on and check if it is not too tight or your eye sockets are not sucked too much. Also, check if the straps are easy to adjust or do not unfastened too quickly.
- Are the lenses too dark or too light for you? Light lenses are preferable, however, if you are swimming outdoors then dark lenses are more suitable.
- It is also important to check if the lenses have an anti-fog coating so that you don’t have to defog them more often.
- There are several sizes and shapes of swimming goggles. Selecting the best one is oftentimes a matter of personal preference. However, you should avoid bigger goggles if you are doing quick flip turns or doing a dive from starting blocks since they tend to slide quickly than the smaller ones. Bulk goggles are also not preferable.
- The best thing is you must feel good in wearing your swimming goggles. If you don’t feel comfortable with it then most likely it won’t be long before you will buy a new one. So, always be aware of this significant aspect!
Swimming is a fun activity which kids and even adults enjoy. However, it can be more enjoyable if you have the right equipment. Swimming goggles are just one of the items that are very useful while swimming underwater. It can enhance enjoyment as well as your performance. Enjoy every moment and capture it in your camera. Don’t forget to bring along your water-resistant Bluetooth speaker, so that you can enjoy listening to music while swimming. To track your distance and time, wear a GPS watch. Also, avoid swimming in banned areas in order to avoid disasters. In order to have the best diving experience, use a full face snorkel mask.